Monday, May 14, 2012

How to Show Calendar for a Date Input Field in Oracle Forms

How to Show Calendar for a Date Input Field in Oracle Forms



1.The data item against which calendar is to be attached as date input is used.

2. In the property palette of that data item; in the LOVs section of the pallete. Make the following changes:
    List of Values: ENABLE_LIST_LAMP
    validate from List: NO

3.Save the changes.

4.Introduce a trigger named as KEY-LISTVAL against that data item to which calendar is to be attached.

5.in the editor of the trigger write the following statement:
        calendar.show;
6. Compile it and save.

1 comments:

  1. Doesn't work for me. I've tried the commands
    calendar.show;
    calendar.show();
    day_picker.show;
    day_picker.show();

    None of these work for me, calendar doesnt show up for the specified field.
    Also for reason my fields do not change color when I press F11 to enter query mode.

    Another problem I face is that once I've created and saved a form, I cannot reopen it in form builder again. The form builder crashes if I try to reopen a previously saved form.

    Is there are fix for this ?

    ReplyDelete